Lancaster Mennonite School Faith Practice Statements
- In this school students know they are loved and valued by God which enables them to value and
love each other.
- Peacebuilding, including the use of restorative discipline, is regularly modeled and practiced as a lifestyle of nonviolence, seeking justice and being part of a reconciling faith community.
- Our school values and is responsive to cultural, racial and socio-economic diversity.
- Our school provides a welcoming community where it is emotionally safe to raise questions, to value and learn from differences, and to care for each other.
- The school enables students to practice global awareness, cultural sensitivity, anti-racism, and compassionate living.
- Students grow in their understanding of stewardship of all God has entrusted to them, including
the natural environment.
- Staff members in our school are committed to modeling the life of Jesus Christ.
- Students grow in understanding the process of biblical discernment by asking questions,
practicing spiritual disciplines, and engaging with other Christians.
- Students are encouraged to grow in relationship with Jesus and to follow Jesus daily in life
through attitudes and practice.
- Our school does everything it can to eliminate the obstacles that exclude or hinder the ability of
students to receive a faith-infused, education of excellence.
- Stories and symbols of faith and reconciliation are regularly shared in our school community.
- Our school invites parents to become partners in the faith formation of their child.
- Our school is a community that lives the gospel message through praying, serving others, and
enabling students to grow in understanding that they can make a positive difference in the world
globally and locally.
- Our school builds a strong faith and learning community in which students and staff support each
- Our school enables students to live a life of curiosity, wonder and mystery as they join with God
to bring the reign of God on earth as it is in heaven.
(717) 509-4459, ext. 301