We’re excited to announce that our Locust Grove school community will be participating in the OPEN National Field Day, our event will take place on Thursday, May 21st!
Field Day is an important tradition at our school. It is a significant day for our students, students’ families and our staff, and we feel that in these incredibly challenging times this national event is a unique way that we can stay connected as a community and support one another in a fun and meaningful way.
OPEN (Online Physical Education Network) is a national public service organization that provides curriculum and training support to more than 90,000 teachers in all 50 states. We will be using their resources and social media network to help us organize our school’s participation in #NationalFieldDay.
All #NationalFieldDay events are designed to be done indoors or outdoors using common household items. You won’t be asked to purchase any specialized equipment or supplies.
Here’s how it will work:
- Our school is now registered as a participant in this event.
- The event website is www.openphysed.org/nationalfieldday.
- As a part of registration, we will receive Field Day Friday email updates each week with new resources that we will share with you.
- You can also find updates via social media using #NationalFieldDay.
- By May 1st your family will receive a set of event cards that you can use to begin practicing. You will also receive a participant practice sheet for tracking progress.
- Your family will be asked to choose a minimum of 3 events to complete on Field Day. However, you may complete as many events as you’d like to.
- From May 3 thru 7, we will follow #NationalFieldDay and watch the Field Day Torch travel across the country in preparation for the main event.
- On May 21st, our entire school will participate in events, complete an official score card, share photos and videos through our school’s approved platforms like; seesaw, instagram @Imblazer or on facebook Lancaster Mennonite School, and participate nationally on social media using #NationalFieldDay.
- After the event, your student will submit their scorecard, Pre-K – 4th grade to use seesaw and 5-8th use Google Drive to their physical education teacher Mrs. Anderson.
- Every student that completes at least 3 events will receive an OPEN National Field Day certificate.
Look out for the National Field Day Torch travel across the country in preparation for the main event on May 8th!