Event is cancelled! But please join us on Thursday, Jan 9th at the Locust Grove Campus or Jan 16th at the Lancaster Campus.
Parenting Seminar Vision
At LM, we view parents as partners. We aim to resource parents and community members in order to strengthen the entire ecosystem of support around students. Seminars are a natural way to promote positive dialogue around important ideas.
SEMINAR OVERVIEW: PARENTING FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND HOLISTIC GROWTH
Students today are faced with a host of external pressures: to achieve, to specialize prematurely, to fit in, to stand out, FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). These factors have contributed to a student experience that is often filled with activity but void of joy, noted by the drastic increase of anxiety and depression among adolescents in recent years. As parents and educators, how can we cultivate a climate of mental health and holistic growth for our students to flourish in a competitive world? This topic will be explored during parenting seminars at each of our three campuses this winter.
- Presentation by Dr. Doug Friesen, licensed psychologist
- Panelist discussion with representation from mental health professionals, educators, pastors, and parents
- Small group dialogue
PANEL DISCUSSION QUESTIONS:
- How can I help mitigate the pressures my child faces – ie. to achieve, to specialize prematurely, to fit in, to stand out, and FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)?
- What practices have been beneficial in your family or for families you work with?
- What can I do as a parent to promote positive mental health for my child?
Child Care Available at New Danville seminar (for children potty-trained through 5th Grade).
Can’t Make it to New Danville? There are other opportunities to attend:
- January 7: New Danville Campus, Gym, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- January 9: Locust Grove Campus, Gathering Area, near the Front Lobby, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- January 16: Lancaster Lincoln Hwy Campus, Dining Hall, 7:00 – 8:30 PM
If you are a parent wondering how to help your child flourish in a competitive world and explore the challenges your family is facing, this seminar is for you!