Committed, Versatile Faculty
LMMS teachers integrate curriculum, plan middle school events, brainstorm strategies for success for individual students and spend time in prayer for the school and students. In keeping with the LMMS philosophy, teachers build community among faculty and students.
Students can choose to take electives, including Choir, Concert Band, Orchestra, FFA and weekly clubs. Find the full middle school curriculum below.
Areas of Study
- College Preparatory Mathematics
- Language Arts & World Languages
- Social Studies
- Technology & Computer Applications
- Family and Consumer Science
- Physical Education/Health
When traditionally independent disciplines are fused, students are engaged in relevant, vibrant and experiential learning that empowers them to make connections across disciplines and in the real world.
The LMMSCONNECT! program for grades 7 and 8 is an interdisciplinary approach that engages students in project-based learning (PBL). Project-based learning invites students to acquire knowledge and skills through investigation, integration and synthesis of a complex question, problem, or challenge experienced in the “real world”.
Through engagement in project-based learning, students become leaders of their own learning, practicing critical 21st-century skills necessary for success: communication, collaboration, creativity and critical thinking.
- Thematic units and projects are designed using traditional curriculum and educational standards.
- Students are given voice in the process and make decisions about the projects, tailoring their creations and presentations to their interests.
- Reflection, critique and revision are part of the daily routine and an integral part of every project.