Gifts in Memoriam
A strong endowment enables us to provide an excellent education far above that which tuition can afford. Many LM friends have supported our endowment fund by establishing named endowments in honor of a loved one and/or in support of a specific aspect of Mennonite education.
Named Program Endowments
- Advanced Biology Endowment – Enables and maintains an excellent science discovery and training program for students, preparing them for college and career.
- Clarence and Elva Rutt Memorial Endowment – Supports the middle school music program.
- Connie Heisey Stauffer Early Childhood Innovation Endowment – Supports innovative early education programming for students, leadership development of early education department staff and expansion of early education programming and facilities.
- Daniel Glick Endowment – Supports supplemental educational programs designed to meet the needs of students at our Locust Grove Campus.
- David & Edith Thomas Endowment – Enables LMS to increase its campus ministry/guidance staff to meet the needs of a diverse student body.
- FFA Endowment – Endows the added program costs of having an FFA chapter at LMH.General Endowment – Supports school operations.
- How Can I Keep from Singing! Terry and Joan Gotwals Yoder Family Endowment – Supports the individual growth and development of student vocal programing.
- Ivan & Irene Martin Endowment – Supports supplemental educational programs designed to meet student needs.
- John H. and Thelma Wolgemuth Family Endowment – Provides support for the general operations of LM.
- Kraybill Campus Endowment – Supports excellence in Christian education at the Kraybill Campus.
- Kristin Palazzo Memorial Visual Arts Endowment – Supports the visual arts program for Lancaster Mennonite School students, with a preference for Kraybill Campus.
- Music Endowment – Supports excellence in music at Lancaster Mennonite School.
- New Danville Endowment for Excellence – Supports excellence in Christian education at the New Danville Campus.
- Noah G. Good Endowment – Enhances the quality of education in the high school science department.
- Vi Bender Memorial Fund – Supports excellence in Christian education at the Locust Grove Campus.
- Victoria Heisey Memorial Learning Support Center Endowment – Touches the lives of students with learning disabilities.Victoria had a special place in her heart for these students and she reached out to them in many ways.
Named Student Aid Endowments
- Danny Wenger Memorial Scholarship – Funds to be used toward scholarships for tuition at LMS
- Betty Hershey Newswanger Memorial Endowment – Supports the LMS early education program. Gifts to this endowment strengthen families by enabling students’ early entry into the LMS school system.
- Glen Lapp Memorial Endowment – Provides scholarships with particular consideration to immigrant students and students from Native American backgrounds.
- Ivan Martin Endowment – Provides scholarships for students who could not otherwise afford a Mennonite education.
- Martin Limestone Endowment – Provides scholarships for students who could not otherwise afford a Mennonite education.
- Student Council Scholarship Fund – Provides scholarships based on financial need.
- Wonderfully Made Scholarship Endowment – Enables students with learning challenges to thrive by preparing them to successfully navigate school and life. Locust Grove Campus offers Learning Support specialists to help struggling students become successful learners.
- S. Dale and Sadie Horst High Scholarship – Provides need based scholarships for high school students.
- Katie S. and Christian F. Beiler Scholarship – Provides need based scholarships for students with a preference for residence hall students from the U.S.
- Jay Richard Frey ’64 and Janet Landis Frey Endowed Scholarship – Provides financial assistance with a preference for residence hall students who are Anabaptist and of racial/ethnic backgrounds to attend LM.
- Selah Art Scholarship – Provides academic scholarships for students from Korea and other Asian countries.
Named Athletic Endowments
- Brent Nauman Memorial – Provides an athletic trainer for LMS.
- Lacrosse Endowment Fund – Funds the high school lacrosse program.
- Hoober-Haller Athletic Leadership Endowment
- LMS Blazer Baseball Endowment