We love to stay connected
We welcome news about you and your family. Please keep us updated with your contact information and sending us news for Bridges magazine, which always includes an alumni section. Most grads attest to making life-long friendships. We hope to facilitate those ongoing connections and friendships through reunions and other alumni events. Nominations are now being accepted for the Alumnus of the Year Award. This award presented yearly to one or two alumni who recently have made a significant contribution through service in their community, profession, family or church. Please send suggestions to Heidi Stoltzfus at firstname.lastname@example.org or John Denlinger at email@example.com.
Upcoming Reunions and Events
Sara Wenger Shenk serves as president of Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, a position she began in fall 2010. Since coming to AMBS, she has overseen a “pivot of hope” program redesign, the hiring of seven new faculty, and a change of the seminary’s name. Her experiences in mission, church planting, teaching and administration fostered a unique combination of leadership gifts. She was a member of the faculty and administration of Eastern Mennonite Seminary, Harrisonburg, Va., for 15 years. For nine years, she and her husband, Gerald, served as students and teachers in the former Yugoslavia from 1977 to 1983 and 1986 to 1989. Sara has held Mennonite Church conference and denominational leadership roles. She has written extensively in both academic and church publications.Read Full Bios
Derick Brubaker attended medical school at Penn State University, where he met his wife Jen. Derick began his medical practice as a General Practitioner in Family Medicine in Washington with his wife who is a Pediatrician. After spending six years in Washington, they moved to Cusco, Peru as missionary doctors. While there, Derick served as the administrator of a small hospital. After returning to the US, the set up their practice at the South East Health Clinic, which recently changed to Lancaster Health Center.
Derick and Jen have three daughters, Ella, Abby and Sophia. Their three daughters attend LM, one at the main campus and two at the Locust Grove Campus.
Alumni Athletic Club
The Blazer Nation is a voluntary group of former athletes and friends at LM.
- Provide an opportunity for former athletes and friends to re-connect with each other and LMS
- Support current LM athletes by attending games
- Honor alumni athletes and teams for excellence
- Support the LMS "Bridges to the Future" campaign
- Help to identify future athletic capital projects
- Support the mission and ministry of developing LMS student athletes and leaders
- Promote local community support through the Mennonite Sports Organization
- Develop and improve communication with alumni athletes via social media
- Assist the Athletic Director and Alumni Relations Liaison in coordinating events and activities such as Homecoming
stay in the loop with alumni news