More Time, More Growth
LM’s full-day kindergarten classes help students develop a love of learning in a nurturing environment where children learn to respect each other. Our kindergarten is a success-based program that teaches academics with developmentally-appropriate practices and prepares children to flourish in first grade.
Kindergarten is offered up to five-days per week with the option of a three-day or four-day program. Additional days offer opportunities for:
- Expanded themes for understanding concepts
- Additional language arts and mathematics activities to reinforce basic concepts in the curriculum
- More Bible stories and Scripture memorization
- More opportunity for social interaction and stimulation
The Hershey Campus offers full-day, half-day or “flex” kindergarten options.
The full-day kindergarten program matches the regular school day of 8:15 a.m.-3:05 p.m. The half-day option also starts at 8:15 a.m., but dismisses at 11:50 a.m.
The flex option allows students to start as half-day students and then transition to full-day based on the individual student’s development.
Half-day students still receive all the core subjects: Bible Teaching, Reading Readiness, Handwriting, Language Arts, Science, Mathematics, Art, Music, Library, Physical Education, Chapel and Computer. The full-day program offers opportunities for expanded themes for understanding concepts, additional language arts and mathematics activities to reinforce basic concepts in the curriculum, more Bible stories and Scripture memorization, and more opportunity for social interaction and stimulation.
Mrs. Sessions says, “I am so excited about our Progressive Kindergarten Program where families have the opportunity to choose a half-day option for their child with the flexibility to progress to a full-day student. We can customize our program to meet the needs of families.”
All LM kindergarten children receive:
- Bible Teaching
- Reading Readiness
- Language Arts
- Physical Education
- Spanish Immersion — an optional track offered at the Locust Grove Campus only
Value-Based and Hands-On
Our approach is a balanced literacy-enriched program that involves reading, writing, listening and speaking. Many hands-on activities and games enhance the teaching of mathematical skills and concepts.
* The kindergarten program is offered at the Hershey, Kraybill, Locust Grove and New Danville campuses. The Hershey Campus program is a five-day program only, but offers half days. Please contact the campus of your choice for a description of all the curriculum components and a daily schedule of kindergarten activities at that particular campus.
Faith and LM core values are infused into the total program, along with separate Bible lessons. This approach builds a solid foundation for social and cognitive development.