NEW FORMAT, DATES & TIMES - CHECK SCHEDULE BELOW!
As part of our re-orientation process for ALL faculty, staff, students, and families we will be having additional training as part of the Back to School Nights. As we return to school in the fall we want to ensure everyone is aware of and ready to follow all of these new practices when the school year starts. We want to do our best to reduce as much uncertainty as possible. We will be going over important COVID preparedness and safety tips.
Due to the state gathering limitations for holding groups of more than 25 people, we are moving all of our Back to School Orientation nights to a remote/online format. Times may have changed, so please check the schedule below to confirm the date, time and link for your campus and group/age.
We will still have opportunities for families to drop-in at campuses, sign forms, drop off supplies, and meet teachers briefly in advance of the school year starting. In accordance with current state policy, we ask that persons wear a face covering during these drop-ins as we will be doing trial runs of our temperature check protocols on these evenings.
Lancaster Campus (Grades 6th-12th)
We are moving back our orientation for new and returning students to Wednesday, August 19th (was previously August 18-20) and we are making it virtual rather than in-person. A link will be shared prior to that evening and a follow-up video recording for you to watch on your own. Please plan to join to learn back to school information and processes that will be new for everyone this year.
For new students, we invite you to attend campus on Wednesday, August 19th, last name A-L at 6:00-7:00 PM and M-Z at 7:00-8:00 PM to walk through your schedule and familiarize yourself with the campus.
Locust Grove Campus (Grades PreK-8th)
- August 18 – Virtual Zoom Meeting – On Tuesday, August 18 at 6:30 PM, you are invited to join our virtual Zoom meeting for all families. This will replace an in-person orientation meeting as we attempt to avoid large group indoor gatherings until these limitations are lifted. A link will be sent for you to join.
- August 19 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm – K-5 English Class, all 6th graders, and any NEW middle school students drop off supplies – On Wednesday, August 19, K-5 English class students, 6th grade students, and all NEW middle school students are invited to come to Locust Grove Campus from 5:30-7:00 pm to drop off supplies, briefly meet your teacher and see your classroom.
- August 20 from 5:30 – 7:00 pm – K-5 Spanish Immersion students drop off supplies – On Thursday, August. 20, K-5 Spanish Immersion students are invited to the campus from 5:30-7:00 pm to drop off supplies, briefly meet your teacher and see your classroom.
- August 19 or 20 – PreK students will be divided by Mrs. Miller and invited to come on August 19 or 20. Please look for an email from her.
New Danville Campus (Grades PreK-5th)
All families are asked to attend at least the virtual orientation on the 19th, which will be recorded and emailed if you cannot attend that night.
- August 19 – 6:30pm – Virtual Back-to-School Orientation on Zoom – Mrs. Carson will present reopening safety guidelines, schedules, and other information for parents. This session will be recorded and emailed if you cannot join “live.” Join at this link, using the passcode “ND.”
- August 20 – Meet-the-Teacher Drop-In – Please swing by to pick up a packet with important information to read and sign before school starts. You may choose to come inside during your assigned time slot. Just park, wear a face covering, practice getting a temperature check at the door, find your child’s classroom, and say a quick hello to the teacher.
- 6:30-6:45 – Drive-Thru only – If you prefer not to come inside, pick up your packet and greet your teacher from your car!
- 6:45-7pm – Families with new students only – You will be assisted in finding your child’s classroom.
- 7:05-7:20 – Returning families with multiple students – We will greet you and let you know which teacher to visit first.
- 7:25-7:40- Returning families with only one student