Caring for the physical, mental and spiritual well being of our students and employees is our top priority, now and always.
As we start the 2021-22 school year we are strongly encouraging masks for everyone, but leaving the final choice up to each individual family. Students are federally required to wear masks on buses, and need to wear them when with IU13 staff members (counselors, reading specialists, etc).
We will be requiring masks for all employees when indoors, as per recent CDC guidance. As role models, caregivers, instructors and staff we will wear masks, since many of our youngest students ages 4-12 currently can not be vaccinated. It is important to us as staff at LM to demonstrate care for others, especially as Lancaster County has entered the ‘substantial’ level of community transmission of COVID-19.
We will continue to keep these safety protocols in place this year:
- Maintaining hand washing protocols
- Reduced sharing of supplies among students
- Social distancing of 3ft when possible
- Requiring students and staff to stay home when any symptoms are present (self-screening at home; no longer doing daily temp checks at school)
- Continued encouragement for outdoor learning whenever possible
- Adherence to Quarantine regulations and requirements for those with symptoms, positive tests, or COVID exposure – click here
Updates for this year:
- Lancaster campus will be in the cafeteria. Many items will be individually packaged for personal pickup
- New Danville and Locust Grove campuses lunch remains in the classroom but students will pick up their lunch
- Chapel will meet in person
- Physical Education classes will function as prior to COVID
- Weight room at the Lancaster campus will be open, but students will be expected to spray down equipment
- Classrooms, hallways, and gyms will not be sprayed with disinfectant, but cleaned thoroughly if there are infections
- Remote or hybrid options will not be available, unless we all go remote or a class has to go remote
- Teachers will provide a strong online instructional presence for longer absences
LM will continue to monitor and update protocols if changes occur statewide or locally, and all of this is subject to change.
Focused on safe, holistic well being & environment
Our goal is to provide a safe learning environment for our students and employees, and we appreciate your help in making our school a place where that can happen!
We are encouraging vaccinations for those who are able. As a school community we want to create a culture of respect with each student and family’s choice to wear or not wear a mask. Let’s be safe, courteous and respectful of each other. It’s going to be a great year!