This Spring our FFA students competed in County and State contests, and received many awards. See the detailed list below of their accomplishments.
A number of our students participated in the FFA County Competitions this Spring. Our students placed and received awards in the following areas:
- 1st place in Aquatics – Davin Esbenshade ’23
- 1st place in Forestry – Jacob Ripperger ’24
- 1st place in Extemporaneous Public Speech – Jacob Ripperger ’24
- 1st place in Milk Quality and Products – Owen Walker ’22
- 2nd place award for Forestry – Edison Gingrich ’24
- 2nd place award in milk quality contest – Zach Nell ’22
- There were 5 seniors who won Red Rose Awards – Victor Mattilio ’22, Chris Mast ’22, Heidi Stoltzfus ’22, Gabriela Lopez ’22, Drake Rohrer ’22
- Jacob Ripperger ’24 was elected to be the Vice President of the county FFA
State FFA Awards:
Our students participated in the State FFA competition. We are so proud of their participation and accomplishments as part of this competition. Our students placed and received awards in the following areas:
- Environmental Natural Resource Management Team – Placed 5th out of 14 teams; 4 persons – Davin Esbenshade ’23, Claire Thomas ’24, Ella Brandt (wildlife), and Addison Large (wildlife)
- Davin Esbenshade ’23 won 3rd place in Aquatics
- Claire Thomas ’24 won 14th in Aquatics
- Jacob Ripperger ’24 – Extemporaneous Public Speech Participant
Students participating in the Extemporaneous Public Speaking Leadership Development Event showcase their agricultural knowledge and ability to think on their feet by giving a speech and answering questions with limited prep time.
During this event, participants draw from 18 agricultural topics then se
This event challenges students to practice their presentation skills, articulation, and logical thinking and advocate for agriculture and agricultural education. Learn more.