March 27th-31st was World Changer Week at Lancaster Mennonite School! Students of all levels participated in acts of service for our community throughout the week. Serving others is one of the ways we express our core values of Seeking Jesus Wholeheartedly and Living Compassionately.
Students completed various service projects throughout the community and on campus. It was exciting to see our students serving organizations that make a positive impact both locally and globally!
Service Projects Included:
- Pre-Kindergarten-1st grade: Elementary students in all grade levels collected coins for the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) program, ‘My Coins Count.’ Students in PreK through 1st grade sorted and counted the coins so they could be taken to the PA Relief Sale for MCC.
- 2nd-5th graders: Each grade spent time packing school kits for Mennonite Central Committee. 2nd and 3rd graders were paired up with a High School Buddy in 11th grade and worked together to make the kits.
- 6th graders: Worked with Troy Hurst, LM System Plant Manager, doing clean-up around the LM campus
- 7th graders: Went off campus to the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) Material Resource Center. Students packed school kits, dignity kits, broke down books for recycling, and received tours to learn more about the work of MCC!
- 8th graders: Split up by homeroom and volunteered at either Blessings of Hope Food Bank or Woodcrest Retreat.
- 9th graders: Also served at Mennonite Central Committee Material Resource Center. They worked together to pack school kits, dignity kits, break down books for recycling, and more!
- 10th graders: Were split up by Advisory Groups and volunteered at either Eastern Mennonite Missions at Hub450 or Black Rock Retreat where they raked and cleaned up leaves.
- 11th graders: Assembled MCC school kits with their 2nd or 3rd grade buddies (above) during advisory groups.
- 12th Graders: Earlier this year our senior students participated in Senior Service Day. This is a yearly tradition to help our students get hands-on service experience before they graduate.
THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
In advance of the week of service, students in PreK-8th grade wrote letters inviting family and friends to give to Lancaster Mennonite in support of their participation for the week. We have just surpassed $26,700 raised! Thank you so much for your generous support!
There is still time to participate through giving. We invite you to join us in this fundraiser by donating today to support Christ-centered education for our students and families. Click the button “Donate Now” below.
Thank you for supporting our students and community, and for helping to make our World Changer Week a huge success! Enjoy the photos below of our students and faculty/staff serving together in the community.