New Danville event is cancelled, Jan 7th due to inclement weather! But please join us on Thursday, Jan 9th at the Locust Grove Campus or Jan 16th at the Lancaster Campus.
SEMINAR OVERVIEW: PARENTING FOR MENTAL HEALTH AND HOLISTIC GROWTH
Students today are faced with a host of external pressures: to achieve, to specialize prematurely, to fit in, to stand out, FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). These factors have contributed to a student experience that is often filled with activity but void of joy, noted by the drastic increase of anxiety and depression among adolescents in recent years. As parents and educators, how can we cultivate a climate of mental health and holistic growth for our students to flourish in a competitive world? This topic will be explored during parenting seminars at each of our three campuses this winter.
- Presentation by Dr. Doug Friesen, licensed psychologist
- Panelist discussion with representation from mental health professionals, educators, pastors, and parents
- Small group dialogue
Video Music by Xylo-Ziko, FMA
Panel Discussion Questions:
- How can I help mitigate the pressures my child faces – ie. to achieve, to specialize prematurely, to fit in, to stand out, and FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)?
- What practices have been beneficial in your family or for families you work with?
- What can I do as a parent to promote positive mental health for my child?
Join Us Near You – 3 Session Dates & Locations: