With the safety of LM’s community and yours at the forefront of our minds, we have decided in place of our in-person annual benefit Golf Tournament and LMMS Service for Learning events for 2020, we will be hosting a new virtual event, Love Beyond Distances Day, of service and giving on May 13, 2020.
As part of LM’s #LoveBeyondDistances Day LM students, families, faculty, and staff will be sharing a Christ-like act and creative message of hope, love, and peace within their community incorporating LM’s hashtag, #LoveBeyondDistances on their social media posts.
IDEAS TO SERVE AND SHARE A CHRIST-LIKE ACT OF LOVE, HOPE AND PEACE MAY INCLUDE:
- Public art display or hang a large positive message on your house/garage/barn/yard
- Create a video of a collaborative prayer, read a favorite kids book or your version of “Some Good News”
- Play and record music (instrumental or singing)
- Design a t-shirt/clothing with hope-filled message
- Make homemade protective face masks
- Leave a gift for delivery people outside of your front door, with a note (i.e. package of toilet paper)
- Make a homemade treat like cookies to distribute to neighbors (using the doorbell and social distancing to drop off the gift)
- Sidewalk chalk messages of encouragement
- Write letters or cards to brighten someone’s day; or write an encouraging note to send to a healthcare worker
- Send/deliver flowers
- Buy/send/deliver a food gift card or meal to someone you know needs it
SHOW YOUR LOVE BEYOND DISTANCES
We are extending the invitation to alumni and supporters as well to join us on May 13 by doing and sharing an act of Christ-like service or love incorporating LM’s hashtag, #LoveBeyondDistances on your social media posts. In addition, it’s an invitation to give financially to LM, if supporters are able to on this day of service and support.
Funds raised by #LoveBeyondDistances Day benefit LM’s annual fund, which supports our teachers and student aid, of whom we could not be prouder of during this time!