School Counseling at Locust Grove
To supplement the LM staff, Intermediate Unit 13 provides a remedial reading and math specialist, a speech therapist and a school counselor on campus. Students meet with these skilled professionals in modern, attractive offices within the main building.
John Yonker serves the Locust Grove campus five days a week as the school counselor provided by IU13. Mr. Yonker provides the following services:
- Referrals to outside counseling agencies and other community resources
- Individual and group counseling for students
- Regular classroom lessons using the Second Step curriculum, a social-emotional learning curriculum
- Consultation with school staff and parents regarding students’ academic, social-emotional, or behavioral concerns
To contact Mr. Yonker, parents may call 717-394-7107 (school) or 717-394-1432 (office), or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that signed parent permission is required for any ongoing individual or group counseling services.
Other hotlines and phone numbers to know:
- Lancaster County Crisis Intervention 717-394-2631
- National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-TALK
Circle of Grace
Out of concern for all God’s people, Lancaster Mennonite School has a program for the safe environment education of children and young people called Circle of Grace. It is meant to supplement and be integrated into our current faith-based curricula to equip our children and young people by arming them with essential knowledge and skills grounded in Christian faith. This program helps children and young people to understand their own (and other’s) dignity in mind, body and spirit.