Learning At Home Resources
Resources for parents to do at home with kids
Running out of ideas to keep your kids entertained and engaged while you are all stuck at home? We have just the activities for you from our creative, amazing teachers - see the links below!
Activities & Learning From Home LInks
Families are trying to balance working from home or keeping kids engaged in learning and busy during this long break from school during closures and social isolation due to COVID-19.
Lancaster Mennonite School has continued to operate remotely for all of our students in grades PreK-12. Our creative, passionate teachers have continued to develop innovative, quality educational experiences for our students to do online or remotely from home. We wanted to share some resources from our pro teachers that you can do with your kids at home to continue to inspire learning and fun! Click on the links below to find activities and lessons for learning at home.
Resources & Activities from LM’s Amazing Teachers:
Elementary (Grades 1-5)
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
High School (Grades 9-12)
Here some free additional resources from outside organizations that we also recommend:
- Zoo America’s live Facebook feed – Every weekday at 11am view a live lesson on one of the animals at the zoo. If you miss it or can’t get on, you can always watch the videos on their Facebook page.
- PBS/WITF Learning at Home Resources – New initiative and great resources from PBS Learning Media with tools, games, videos and information for parents as you navigate this new space and keep kids learning when school is not in session. There are grade level learning resources for PreK-12th grade students, free streaming of educational programming, and PBS kids activities, videos, apps, and much more.
- Lancaster Public Library Online Books, Streaming Platforms and Movies – Use your library card online to access new streaming platforms, Overdrive for eBooks and eAudiobooks, and Hoopla for movies; music; books, including comic-books; and audiobooks.
- Big List of Children’s Authors Doing Online Read-Alouds and Activities
- Air & Space Museum – Tons of videos activities, including a video on how to see the International Space Station from your backyard!
- Lunch Doodle with Mo Willems. Everyday lunch doodle with Mo Willems at 1:00 PM. Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks.
- Scholastic Learning Resources – Day-to-day projects to keep kids thinking, reading and growing. For grades PreK-9th.
- Porch – Simple STEM Activities To Do At Home
- Engineering Games and Projects